Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Winter is coming!

...had to get in a Game of Thrones reference there...

Yep, it's that time of year. I'm going home for a month on Saturday (waaaah! Not that I don't want to see my family...but it's a whole MONTH away from all the awesome people at uni!), and I'm planning to use that time to get some serious writing done. I realise I have a 5000-word essay and a dissertation to work on, too, but this is supposed to be about my personal writing goals! (I will get the essays done. Even in the holidays, I'm an insane workaholic - probably more so than in term time because at home I'm 200 miles away from most of my friends!) So here are my goals:


  • Finish Darkworld Book 2, then put aside.
  • Start Puppet Spell sequel, and decide whether to make a duology or trilogy! (according to spellcheck, duology isn't a word. I like it, however, so I'm keeping it)
  • Wait for responses from publishers for Darkworld Book 1 (sits rocking in corner chewing fingernails)
That's it!

Meanwhile, I shall be enjoying the festivities. The university sure know how to get into the Christmas spirit! Last Sunday I watched the most hilarious Christmas pantomime of Cinderella ever, put on by people from my university, and had a fantastic time at the Winter Ball last night, with all my friends and my boyfriend, Jed. Hope everyone else has a fantastic holiday!



And here's a lovely picture of a Lancaster sunset, to remind me of why I don't want to leave!



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the writing you hope to do over the holidays, be it of the essay or novel sort! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great holiday :)

      Delete