Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

Liebster Award

It seems once again I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, this time by the lovely Reena at Starlight Book Reviews! I'm short on time so I'm afraid I'll have to cut corners a bit here - it seems I've nominated everyone I know lately so I genuinely can't think of eleven nominees! I'll try to answer the questions, though! :)




1. What's your favorite genre for reading?

I'd have to go with fantasy, but I'll read pretty much all speculative genres, including paranormal and dystopia. And I won't rule out other genres entirely!


2. When did you start blogging?


I started this blog in April 2012. So, 10 months now!


3. Any favorite books or recommended books to read?


Everyone should read the Harry Potter series, but that goes without saying. ;) For YA fiction I'd also recommend the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. 


If you like your fantasy a bit more grown-up and gritty, try A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. And I'd always recommend Tolkien!


4. What's your favorite song, tv series or movie?


TV series: Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and Pokemon (the original, not the new ones). Nerd alert. :P


Movie: has to be The Lord of the Rings.


5. Books or Movies? Why?

Books, definitely. You get a more immediate and personal experience, you can carry a book everywhere and make it last as long as you like, and it doesn't skimp on details like some movies do when they have to fit into a short time frame. Yay for books! 


6. Who's your favorite character of all time?


That's impossible...I can't choose!


7. Do you have any other hobbies besides reading or blogging?


I write. :) I also like playing video games and going to the cinema.


8. Which book character would best describe you?


Argh...another tough one. I've no clue.


9. Do you have any book boyfriends/girlfriends? Who? Or if you don't, who do you like the most?


I don't really do that kind of thing...but I think Ash from the Iron Fey series is pretty badass. And Jace from the Mortal Instruments. And (I know no one will have heard of this one, but oh well!) Kanda from the D.Gray-Man manga.



10.Which book would you want to be turned into a movie?

So many of my favourite books are being adapted already! But one I'd love to see on the big screen is Sabriel by Garth Nix.


11. Where's your favorite place to read?
 


Probably my room, although I'd read everywhere if I could get away with it!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! You and your blog are most loved. Congratulations on the tour.

    ReplyDelete