Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

An update! (and I'm finally free! :D)

Lancaster Canal is beautiful in the sun!


I finished my exams today. Yes - I'm done with university. Wow. It's been tough keeping up with writing and marketing whilst revising and working on essays, but now, after all that stress, I can finally think clearly! I have a lot of things coming up in the next few weeks which are incredibly exciting, so it's nice to be able to focus on doing what I want, rather than spending hours drilling Shakespeare into my brain! Even if random Shakespeare quotes keep coming into my head when I'm trying to forget about it...

Don't get me wrong: I've loved university. Hell, I really don't want to leave (I have six weeks left of living independently before I'm unceremoniously kicked out of my lovely flat and have to go back to living with my parents in Birmingham...waaah!). But this is my chance to see how I fare in the real world, and as scary as it is, I'm kind of looking forward to it!

Which leads me onto the exciting things happening! I've secured an internship at Entangled Publishing, meaning I get to read submissions and decide whether they're good enough to publish. It's great fun, and I've been learning a lot about what makes a publishable manuscript. It's been a real eye-opener! Speaking of manuscripts, I'm hard at work on the editing of Darkness Watching, and I actually managed to finish the first draft of Darkworld Book 3 (apparently I can only procrastinate from one thing at a time, so I wrote most of it when I was trying to avoid Shakespeare revision!). If all goes according to plan I should have more news on the Darkworld series soon! 

Other than that, best of luck to anyone sitting exams! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, an internship?! So exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to intern at a publishing company, since that's what I want to do with my life. Congratulations on finishing college!

    ReplyDelete