Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #4 - and some good news!



It's time for another Feature and Follow Friday post, which is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read!  This week's question is about my preferred reading format!

I feel kind of guilty admitting this, but I'm starting to prefer e-books to physical books. This is for many reasons, most of which are practical. I own over 500 paperbacks, and my shelf space is extremely limited. I already get woken up at least once a week by a stack of books falling like dominoes because I've been forced to double them up on shelves only meant to hold one row! 

Another reason is that I travel a lot - and hope to do even more travelling in future. Carrying tons of paperbacks around isn't realistically possible, as crushing as it is to leave my favourite books behind! Plus I read constantly. I can take my Kindle to the gym, hold it in one hand when doing something else, store over a thousand books and take advantage of free offers... I've been well and truly converted to e-books!

But there's still something about holding a paperback copy of your own book in your hands that feels so much more awesome than seeing it on a screen. And I still have a weakness for pretty covers!

On a completely unrelated note, I have some exciting news: I just found out my degree result, and I'm going to be graduating with a 2.1 in English Literature with Creative Writing from Lancaster University! Needless to say, I'm thrilled! :D

Now I'm off to deal with the chaos of moving out...

18 comments:

  1. No need to feel guilty you are not alone. I mostly prefer because of convenience too

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I love print, and beautiful covers, ebooks are currently winning just due to the amount of books I can carry around with me. I may be a book hoarder.

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!
    New follower
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, ebooks are definitely easier to deal with than tons of physical books! And congrats on your graduation! :D

    New Bloglovin' follower :)

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. As I love the paperback I prefer the convenience of Ebooks.

    Congrats!!!! and Good luck with your move!!!

    Old Follower :)

    Michelle@Because reading is better than real life

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower!

    I also loved your review of A Clash of Kings. I've read the first in the series and can't wait to start this one! It's sitting on my shelf just waiting for me! Though I'm kind of waiting for winter to read it when I don't have as much going on because I know its going to take a while to get through :)

    Tina @ pagesofcomfort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my review! The series is amazing, but it is the sort of book you need to read when you have a lot of time (I actually first read the series over Christmas last year!)

      Delete
  7. Congratz! :D And I know what you mean! Ebooks are so much easier to carry around, especially if you travel a lot.

    Thanks for stopping by! Followed back via Bloglovin.
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ebooks are indeed so much easier. Thanks for hopping through. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right about that. I don't even know what to do since some of my books are already in the floor. :(

    ANYWAY, CONGRATULATIONS FOR THAT ACHIEVEMENT. :D I'm so happy for you!!! *virtual hugs*

    Thanks for dropping by my FF.
    Old follower.
    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you :) *returns virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you! Following back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that ebooks are becoming more convenient. I how don't know how it feels to hold a copy of my own book ( well not yet anyway..maybe someday) but I imagine it feels wonderful!

    Congratulations on graduating and the degree! I hope it brings your great luck and comfort!

    Old follower

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    p.s I just wrote you on Goodread please let me know if you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It I traveled a lot my ebook collection would certainly be more popular!
    Following via GFC and Blogiovin!
    Here is my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I travel a lot too and I LOVE my ereader. Though when I'm home, I still read from a paperback :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! And I confess to loving my ebooks. I can carry them all around with me and highlight them without feeling guilty! :)

    ReplyDelete