Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Review- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


 Onyx (Lux, #2)

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Amazon
Amazon UK


The second book in Jennifer Armentrout’s addictive sci-fi alien romance series is just as amazing as the first! Packed with action, chemistry and romance, this is a one-sitting read – with some fantastic characters and a genuinely original take on aliens.

Katy is trying to deny her attraction to Daemon as part of the connection forged when he used his powers to heal her, but he’s an expert at getting under her skin, and the link between them may be more than alien super-powers. But Katy’s developing freakish abilities of her own, and is in danger of attracting the attention of the Department of Defence – who would imprison her if they knew a human had found out about the Luxen.

Again, Katy and Daemon stole the show. Their interactions are hilarious, and I loved the constant witty banter and the way Katy refuses to let Daemon have the last word. But we also get to see a more caring side to his character, even though he’s as entertaining as ever. I loved Katy even more in this book, and I still think it’s awesome that she’s a book blogger who freaks out when her laptop breaks. I can definitely identify with that!

The plot in this book is more twisty and unexpected than Obsidian, and it kept me glued to the pages. There’s the perfect balance between romance, suspense and alien superpowers. A fantastic follow-up to Obsidian – now I need the third book!

Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment