Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

What's Up...NaNo?!



What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow and is a great way for readers and writers to catch up!

What I'm reading

I've had some time to read some great books in the past week! I read The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud and Doll Bones by Holly Black, both of which were awesome.

And I finally read The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, which grabbed hold of me and made me stay up until 3.30 a.m. to finish it. Wow. I'm trying to drag my thoughts back together to write a review!

What I'm writing

As you can probably tell from the blog title, I'm sort of doing NaNo next month! I'd intended to save a certain MG fantasy WIP, but the little devil took hold of me and made me write 11,000 words already. However, 30th November is my deadline to finish the first draft, so it should help me keep focused! Any other NaNo-ers, feel free to add me (username EmmaLAdams) as a buddy! :)

At the moment, I'm contemplating edits on TWO manuscripts at once (because I'm a crazy person)! I'm waiting (biting nails, rocking back and forth in the corner, etc) to hear from my publishers about Walking Shadow (Darkworld Book 2), and I've also been immersed in the major edit of Beneath the Waves after attacking the draft with red pen, and I finished yesterday! :) So it's off to more beta readers, and then the next round of editing can begin...


What else I've been up to

Apart from driving myself insane with my own edits, I've also been doing more edits for clients! I'm now an editor with Crescent Moon Press, so I've been talking with my first victims...I mean, authors. :)


What inspires me right now

I mentioned Writers Helping Writers last week - well, today they're helping me to promote my book! Be sure to check out the post here!

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with your edits! I've just added you as a buddy for NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I added you on NaNo -- I'm doing a baby nano this year, aiming for 25k.

    ALSO. DREAM THIEVES. ALL THE FEELINGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's always great to have a deadline. And I KNOW. How will I survive the wait for Book 3?

      Delete
  3. The Dream Thieves-- brain explosion.

    I'm doing NaNo as well, what is your username so I can add you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added you :) And yep, I'm pretty sure my brain;'s still in pieces somewhere...

      Delete
  4. Good luck with all your writing goals! I can't do NaNo, since my WIP won't be finished by the end of the month and I wouldn't be able to just set it aside for a month to work on something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've already started my WIP (NaNo never seems to coincide with me starting a project!) but I'm aiming to finish it anyway!

      Delete
  5. You do so much! It's amazing!
    Good luck with NaNo. Oh, congrats about becoming editor for CMP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much revising! I don't know if I could edit two projects at once. I get in the zone of one MS at a time and it's hard to focus on others.
    I'm in the middle of Dream Thieves right now and am determined to finish it in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do one at a time, but I have both coming up at once so I'll have to pick which to do first!

      Delete
  7. *waves pompoms* Go NaNo Team Emma! Best of luck with it :D

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new editing job! And on all the words! WOW! 11k is amazing!

    Good luck with Nano! I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It took me a while to get those words! I'm taking a break now before I start NaNo.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you're so productive!!
    Good luck with your NaNo project! and Congratulations on the new job! I like Crescent Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm being very unproductive now! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. Editing two at once? Ugh, one by itself almost broke me...good luck!

    And good luck with NaNo, too. I just added you :)

    ReplyDelete