Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

October Update: Books & goals update!

It's time for my monthly update on all things happening in the Writer's Nest!

What I've been reading


The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

I've been waiting for the final book in Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series for what seems like forever, and I was thrilled to get an early copy! After that shocking ending to The Iron Traitor, I dived right into The Iron Warrior. The world of the Iron Fey is as compelling as ever, and the twists just kept coming. Ethan is once again dragged into the faery world after a near-brush with death, to face an enemy he never saw coming. I just love the world Kagawa has created, and the new characters as well as glimpses of old favourites. I'll always be a huge fan of this series, and I'm sad it's over!

Amazon
Amazon UK


Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1)

I picked up Cold Burn of Magic when I saw the Kindle price had dropped, and I was curious to check out the series. It's a wonderfully engaging and entertaining YA urban fantasy -- right up my alley! I'll definitely be looking into more of Jennifer Estep's writing.

Amazon
Amazon UK

Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)

I loved Snow Like Ashes, so I was excited to read the sequel! Ice Like Fire is a little slower than its predecessor, but it's still an engrossing read. It was cool to see more of the various kingdoms, and the story ends with a jaw-dropping twist I never saw coming. I'd recommend this series to fans of YA fantasy!

Amazon
Amazon UK


What I've been writing

I drafted 52K words of an urban fantasy manuscript about necromancers and evil faeries. It's planned as the first in a trilogy, and it's a lot of fun. :)

First-round edits on Darkworld Book 5 came in, so I dived back into the Darkworld series again. I also did the final check on Darkworld Book 4 before proofreading.

Then I did the final proofreads on Collision (Alliance, #3) and Indestructible. I formatted Collision and put up the pre-order.

Total words written in October: 70K.

What else I've been up to

Listening to really angry music and rage-tidying my office. Er, I mean, de-stressing. I'm re-watching Arrow and keeping up to date with Agents of SHIELD. I also managed to snag tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for October next year. :D

Plans for November

I need to finish this draft and re-outline books 2 and 3 in the trilogy. I won't officially be doing NaNoWriMo because I have more than one project on, but I'm hoping for at least 50-60K words for the month.

Collision (Alliance, #3) releases on the 17th. :) I'll be making a start on the next round of revisions on Alliance Book 4. (Hoping for a March release!)

In next month's newsletter: Collision releases, and sign ups open to promote Indestructible in January.

Plans for the rest of the year


I'm hoping to write at least one more full draft this year.

Indestructible, the first in my YA post-apocalyptic fantasy series, will be published on the 12th January 2016, so I'll be getting e-ARCs ready for December :) I've set tentative dates for the sequels (April and June). I need to format all three books and do one last read through of the trilogy before the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm floored every time I see what a huge amount you manage to do. You're like an Energizer Bunny that never ever runs out of batteries!! Congrats on all you've accomplished in the last years. You should be really proud. :)

    ReplyDelete