This is my last update until I'm settled (relatively speaking!) in London! My life has been well into the realm of crazy lately. I have:
- Returned from an awesome holiday in Italy to find ALL THE THINGS awaiting my attention!
- Hit 20K in Darkworld Book 5 and am now having all the feels, because it's the last Darkworld book and I....arrrgghhh, it's so emotionally just...uhhhhhh. Yeah. Words fail, pretty much. Ironically, considering I'm supposed to be a writer. :P
- Also hit 20K in new YA fantasy project (aka mer-zombie-vampire-mash-up-thing) and debated the Wisdom of Prologues.
- Edited the whole of Darkness Watching in a maelstrom of angst and despair and headdesking and emails and writing and rewriting and passive-verb-hunting and wanting to destroy Microsoft Word for crashing... But I made it out alive. Just. After reading the damn thing about 100 times and rewriting about 10,000 words of it! (bringing it to a nice total of 62,500- I always add at least 5000 words to a book during revisions!)
- Freaked out and panicked about moving to London and having nowhere to live, and people not responding to emails and calls and letting agencies and UGH. But I'm OK now! I have a studio flat to rent for a month, and I won't have to sleep in the Underground! :P
- Waiting for email from editor *bites nails*
- Tomorrow, spending about 5 hours on trains across the country to visit my boyfriend's family, followed by a movie-style reunion on the platform (cliche that I am :P).
- Watching The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (can't WAIT! :D)
- Moving to London properly on Monday, ready to start my internship on Tuesday!
- Fitting in as much writing time as I can! But I'll have to skip this week's #WIPMarathon update, because Edits ate my writing time!
So many lovely people have put up with ANGST from me this week. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without the people who put up with the inevitable rollercoaster of having a writer in their life. But it is greatly appreciated! <3
Meanwhile, Italy! I promised photos (probably. I think I did. Well, I have them anyway!):
Lake Garda <3
Me and the Lake
Gondola ride in Venice! I also acquired a Venetian glass frog, my latest writing mascot!
More fun times in Venice!
Another pretty lake picture!
Juliet's balcony in fair Verona!