Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Happy NaNo day!


NaNoWriMo

It's finally here! The time of year when writers hole up in their lairs (makes us sound like hermits...oh yeah...) and prepare for a frenzied month of writing! It's National Novel Writing Month, and it's actually my first year participating. For the past three years, I've been too swamped in university work to take part, but not this time!

Admittedly, I'm being a bit of a NaNoRebel. I'm aiming to finish a draft I already started, the first in my new MG fantasy trilogy. It's probably the strangest book I've written, but I'm getting to re-use some characters from the first book I ever wrote (and which will never see the light of day). I enjoy fast-drafting (I plan in advance so unless a major problem crops up, I usually finish my drafts in 2-3 months at most) and got over 50,000 words down in the WIPMarathon in August, so I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it!

Which means...I'll have fast-drafted FIVE books this year. Wow. To think that four years ago, I'd never written a book. Now I'm on my tenth. Ten books in three years? I never thought I'd be able to achieve that. Even though I've never done NaNo before, it's that kind of mindset that pushed me to stop worrying and switch off the inner editor and JUST. WRITE. As Chuck Wendig said (and I wholeheartedly agree with), every month is a writing month!

Here's my NaNo profile if anyone wants to add me as a buddy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Five books? You're Super-Writer! I don't know anyone who's written even near that much. I'm wishing you good luck with NaNo and your MG WIP! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I'm hoping to finish my third book for the year. :)

    ReplyDelete