Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Final Update

Ready. Set. Write! is a writing challenge hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin L. Funk and Jaime Morrow, and this is my final update!


How I did on last week’s goal(s)

I wrote 16K of my shiny new draft - at 22K now! It's been a super-productive writing week, even though I've been busy with real-world things and freelance work, too! ^_^

My goal(s) for this week

As I'm going to Italy (yay!), I might have limited writing time...but then again, I said the same thing last week. :P I'll aim for three chapters of the shiny new draft this week!

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

The beginning of my Shiny New series features alternative worlds, a sarcastic centaur, running around dark passages, and invisibility!

The biggest challenge I faced this week

Time. Having to drag my brain away from story-world to deal with real-world things. Inevitably, the moment I get into serious writing-mode, something interrupts! And then I do silly things like trying to walk down "up" escalators. (I may have done that this week... :P)


Something I love about my WIP 

I love everything about my new shiny series! ^_^ It's the first time I've written an urban fantasy set on an alternative Earth where magic is out in the open, and with lots of alternative universes involved. It's also my first time writing adult UF rather than YA or MG, so it's a new challenge! The characters are around 21-22 years old, so the voice is quite similar to my Darkworld series. But neither of the two MC's are anything like characters I've written before. It's fun to try new things!

3 comments:

  1. 16k this week!! *cries* That's SO awesome!!
    And like, OMG, I love centaurs! And sarcasm. ^_^

    Sounds like the new story is going well! It sounds really good, like so much. Have a great week. (I know you will!) May Italy send you home with an abundance of relaxation and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you wrote a ton this week! Good for you! So glad to hear you're enjoying this shiny new series of yours. Have fun in Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the new words! Enjoy your trip to Italy :)

    ReplyDelete